Armstrong’s Restoration DKI’s Expert Mold Remediation
Besides basements, there’s no better place for mold to grow than in an attic because many of them are poorly ventilated. They contain more than enough moisture for the mold to latch onto and spread to the lower regions of your house. If you can smell musty odors and see water spots on the ceiling, don’t ignore the problem and continue with your day; contact Armstrong’s Restoration DKI. We perform attic mold removal throughout Palm Bay, FL. Our team knows how to remove the surface mold and eradicate the roots, and we always provide expert advice for avoiding future issues. Don’t give in to the mold. We can help you conquer it.
How Attic Mold Occurs
Mold occurs naturally in the outside world, where it’s a benign and even helpful fungus. However, its spores can travel through the air, on clothing and pet fur, and through air conditioner systems. They can latch onto flooding from storms and enter through the roof. No matter the cause or source, mold can have negative impacts on your health and the value of your home. Your attic’s unique conditions promote and facilitate mold growth. They include:
Condensation: If you want to eliminate costly mold outbreaks, the best thing to do is address condensation. Unfortunately, it’s more easily said than done. Condensation can build up in an array of ways, from your air conditioner or whole-home dehumidifier to rising heat from the rest of the house. Armstrong’s Restoration DKI can help locate where excess moisture originates, helping you address the problem.
Poor ventilation: Most roofing systems contain built-in ventilation, which circulates air underneath the roof. However, some contractors neglect to build roofs effectively. If that’s the case, Florida’s hot and sticky summer will create condensation build-up, which could attract mold spores.
Excessive heat: Overwhelming heat breeds moisture, and that’s all a few mold spores need to grow and spread throughout the rest of your house. One way to combat this issue is to cool down the attic. We can suggest ideas to prevent future problems. For the time being, our professional remediators can remove all mold found in the attic.
High humidity (over 55%): Humidity creates moisture and condensation, and the attic can be one of the most humid rooms in the house. If you have a mold problem, humidity could be the culprit. Whole-house humidifiers cool the attic down and help prevent humidity-caused mold problems.
Roof leaks: Leaky roofs should be handled immediately because they’re the most apparent cause of attic mold. Our team handles the mold removal while you address the leaky roof with a roofing professional.
Home ventilation systems are emptying into the attic: All air from ventilation systems and fans should leave outside through windows or a vent, not the attic. Attics are closed off from the outside world for a reason, so any excess air will gather, swell, and transform into moist conditions. Then mold swoops in.
How Attic Mold Remediation Works
Armstrong’s Restoration DKI enacts a thorough approach when we remove attic mold. Remediation can be tricky because mold isn’t always visible. Non-surface mold can extend into support beams and through the house. We carefully follow a multi-step process to address the issue:
- Inspect: The most important step in a successful mold removal project begins with a thorough inspection.
- Contain: We place barriers to prevent cross-contamination with unaffected areas.
- Cover and protect: Our team protects your property by covering all floors, furniture, and belongings.
- Filter: We use HEPA air filtration systems to keep your air supply clean and healthy while we work.
- HEPA vacuum: We use HEPA vacuums, which provide industry-strength cleaning power.
- Demolition and removal: We remove and replace contaminated building materials when we can’t salvage.
- Antimicrobials: Antimicrobials destroy surface mold and make it easier to clean surfaces.
- Removal: Next, we utilize hydrogen peroxide agents to remove embedded roots and minimize stains.
- Cleaning: Once we remove the mold, we scrub and clean the entire affected area and vacuum again.
- Coating: Our coatings prevent future mold spores from attaching and embedding to the attic.
- Post-Removal Inspection: Lastly, we don’t leave until we’ve performed a second, thorough investigation.
Contact Our Restoration Professionals Today
In addition to removing mold from attics, Armstrong’s Restoration DKI addresses mold outbreaks in the rest of the property as well. We also perform water extraction services and flood damage restoration. We can help you recover from a fire with smoke and fire restoration services and much more. Learn why Armstrong’s Restoration DKI is Palm Bay’s top source for restoration services by contacting our specialists today.