Armstrong’s Restoration DKI Fixes Flood Damage
Our region experiences significant flooding due to hurricanes and tropical storms. Armstrong’s Restoration DKI provides services aimed at helping property owners get back on their feet. Throughout Palm Bay, FL, our flood damage restoration services have improved the lives of our clients and helped save their buildings and personal belongings. Flood remediation is a complicated process, but our restoration professionals know how to get the job done. With decades of combined experience under our belts, we’re ready to start removing water and repairing the damage.
Why Flood Remediation is So Important
Flooding can lead to additional problems, so it’s critical to move quickly once the storm passes or once a pipe bursts. Each day the floodwater lingers, the likelihood of an accompanying mold problem or structural damage increases. Flood damage restoration not only restores property and removes water but also prevents mold growth. We use state-of-the-art technology to search for hidden damage during the remediation process, ensuring we address every inch of the property. Whether the flood originates from a storm or broken pipes, a restoration professional helps you avoid:
- Contamination: Pipes can carry contaminated water. Floodwater increases the risk of waterborne bacteria and microorganisms, as well as illnesses and parasites, such as giardia and amoebas. These contaminants grow more potent as the water dries.
- Pests: Sitting water attracts mosquitos. But its also a breeding ground for other pests, including cockroaches and dust mites. Pest infestations can worsen existing allergy or asthma-related symptoms.
- Mold: Removing mold is something we do well, and it often accompanies flooding. Prompt mold removal mitigates the risks of mold growth and creates a healthier workplace or residence.
- Property damage: Floodwaters ruin drywall, couches, and artwork. But flood damage restoration can salvage many of your personal effects. We inventory all your belongings and let you know what our efforts can repair and what’s lost for good.
Common-Sense Flood Protection Measures to Limit Damage
Every Floridian knows the power and destructive nature of a hurricane. Homeowners along the coast should have a plan for flooding. After all, storm swells, not heavy winds, often cause the most destruction to buildings. While this is true of beachfront property, inland structures should prepare for flooding as well. Fortunately, there are some things homeowners can do to protect their belongings and minimize any damage. We advise our customers to adapt by engaging in five simple countermeasures:
- Socks: Absorbent socks, when pressed into gaps between doors and windows, can help prevent water seepage. While they won’t eliminate indoor flooding during severe storms, they will minimize the water and make it easier for Armstrong’s Restoration DKI to remove it.
- Leak diverters: One of the ways houses flood during hurricanes is unexpected holes in the roof. It’s always a good idea to inspect your roof before the hurricane season. Understand your vulnerabilities and contact us at the first sign of trouble.
- Water-filled diverters: Diverters are cheaper than dikes but are equally as efficient at preventing large-scale flooding, as long as the swells aren’t too high.
- Quick-dam barriers: These absorbent, polymer-filled bags help create a wall around your property, which can significantly reduce the extent of the damage from flooding. That way, if your house or business floods, the loss will be easier to manage.
- Dikes: Dikes channel water, rather than absorbing it. You need to be careful if you go this route. Your foundation must be protected at all costs, so the dikes need to lead away from it or encircle the property a safe distance away. As with other measures, severe storms can quickly overwhelm dikes, but they can reduce the headache and limit property destruction.
Make Sure to Protect Your Belongings Following a Flood
In the aftermath of a severe hurricane or tropical storm, you’re just happy your family and employees are okay. But don’t take your eye off the ball. Once you’ve secured your family’s safety, contact Armstrong’s Restoration DKI. We’ll come to your property and begin the process of repairing your property from the ravages of floodwater damage. In addition to water damage, our team rectifies black mold outgrowths, fire damage, and more. Contact us today to get started with a consultation.