Water Damage Restoration in Melbourne, FL
Water damage is often unexpected. It might occur after a sudden flood or a pipe break you didn’t know was about to snap. Although no one expects to deal with water damage, we should all have a plan in place for what happens when a disaster does strike. For Melbourne, FL residents, that plan should involve calling the professionals at Armstrong’s Restoration DKI for water damage restoration. We’re an experienced team of technicians who can thoroughly inspect your property and restore your water damaged possessions. Our team is proud to be known for a speedy response time, which is a crucial factor in ensuring we can save the bulk of your belongings. We understand the importance of quick solutions to water damage and friendly customer service. When you need water damage restoration, Armstrong’s Restoration DKI is the best team to call. Learn more about spotting water damage and why the professionals are your best bet.
What Can Cause Water Damage?
Water damage can come from numerous sources inside and outside your home. When we think of a water-damaged home, we typically picture a flooded house after a rainstorm. While this is a common occurrence in Florida, torrential rains aren’t the only reason you might find water damage somewhere on your property. Besides storms, here are a few causes of home water damage:
- Faulty Pipes: Leaking or burst pipes can mean extensive water damage in your home. Old pipes are generally at risk of breaking, as are uninsulated pipes. Fortunately, Florida homeowners typically don’t need to worry about freezing pipes in the winter.
- Malfunctioning HVAC Systems: Trouble with your air conditioning unit could cause a water leak that results in water damage. If left unchecked, you might have to deal with mold removal in the future.
- Clogged Gutters: Your gutters are instrumental in keeping your foundation free of water damage. Pesky clogs in your gutters mean water can’t drain properly and could threaten the structure of your home.
- Sewage Backup: Many homeowners call us for water damage restoration in the event of a sewage backup. Sewer systems can become overwhelmed during severe storms, back up into your home, and result in serious water damage.
How to Identify the Warning Signs of Water Restoration
Some signs of water damage are obvious, but others are less clear. We understand you don’t have the time to schedule a complete evaluation if there’s no real problem to begin with. Before you call Armstrong’s Restoration DKI, be sure to recognize some basic signs of water damage:
- Warped Flooring: A clear sign of water damage or excess moisture is sagging or warped floors. Linoleum flooring might peel, and tiles might start to loosen. Many homeowners report similar warning signs on their walls, such as cracking drywall.
- Musty, Mildewy Smells: Musty odors are a telltale sign of mold growth. If you find mold growth anywhere in your home, it’s probably safe to assume water damage is the culprit. The team at Armstrong’s Restoration DKI can help you know for sure.
- Stains: Have you noticed unexplained stains and spots on your walls? These could indicate excess moisture behind your wall. Our team can check for leaking pipes or roof problems that might be causing the water damage.
Get in Touch with the Professionals Right Away
When it comes to water damage restoration, a fast response is crucial. Left unchecked, water damage can permanently destroy your belongings or affect your home’s structure. Beyond losing possessions and losing money, a professional team can stop the damage before it worsens. You typically have about 24 hours before mold growth begins to run rampant or your structure sustains long-term harm. Working with an expert water damage restoration team also means increased safety for you and your family. Water damage is a breeding ground for bacteria and disease-causing pathogens, and mold growth can significantly affect those with respiratory problems. Resist the temptation to put off water damage restoration and have Armstrong’s Restoration DKI take care of the issue right away.
Let Us Take Care of Water Restoration
No matter the source or extent of water damage, Armstrong’s Restoration DKI is a team you can count on to get the problem fixed as soon as possible. We’re proud of our speedy response time and top-quality water damage restoration techniques. We’ll take care of restoring your property and removing any mold with minimal stress to you. Our Melbourne, FL team is here to make sure life gets back to normal quickly. Contact us today to learn more or to schedule service.